UN-Sustainable Development Goals
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), officially known as “Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development” is a set of seventeen aspirational “Global Goals” with 169 targets between them.
In September 2015, all 193 Member States of the United Nations adopted a plan for achieving a better future for all – laying out a path over the next 15 years to end extreme poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and protect our planet. At the heart of “Agenda 2030” are these 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which clearly define the world we want – applying to all nations and leaving no one behind. This Agenda is a plan of action for people, planet and prosperity. It also seeks to strengthen universal peace in larger freedom.
The Sustainable Development Goals provide a powerful aspiration for improving our world – laying out where we collectively need to go and how to get there. The SDGs follow and expand on the millennium development goals (MDGs), which were agreed by governments in 2001 and are due to expire at the end of this year.
Each of the 17 goals has specific targets to be achieved over the next 15 years. Addressing critical sustainability issues such as poverty, climate change, inequality, economic development, and ecosystem protection, the SDGs will be implemented in all countries, across different territorial scales. So on that motto Islahul Muslimeen Parishad Bangladesh highly appreciate SDG and IMPB follow SDGs work plans and highly maintain SDG core 17 goals.
As per SGD 17 goals IMPB all works details are given below.
According to United Nations “End poverty in all its forms everywhere." IMPB also believe if we help each other, Poverty will not exist. UN-SDG-‘No Poverty’ under this section IMPB has continuing 4 programs. Short description are given below –
According to United Nations ("End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture".)UN-SDG- Zero Hunger under this section IMPB has continuing 4 programs. Short description are given below –
1. Agricultural Inputs Distribution: - Proper harvesting is not possible if the farmer could not get agriculture inputs like seeds, fertilizer etc in time. At the time of need for financial crisis, poor farmers finding no other way, usually go to moneylender, NGOs and missionaries to lend money with a very high interest rate. Subsequently, this interest multiplies to such a huge amount, that these poor farmers could not pay back the loan amount by selling their immovable properties. IMPB has a program to distribute the agricultural inputs to the poor farmer as well as to give interest free loan with soft repayment terms.
2. Hot meals & Iftar Pack: - In the month of holy Ramadan of each year, there are many poor and helpless people in Bangladesh, who perform their Sawm in Ramadan with a little or without food. Realizing this miserable situation, Islahul Muslimeen Parishad Bangladesh initiated the program to feed the poor fasting & Iftar Packs distribution in holy Ramadan since 2001. To establish Islamic brotherhood and equality in the society according to Sunnah and Shariah. Poor people are getting benefited for nutritious food.
3.Eid Gift Pack :- After a month long fasting of holy Ramadan, there are many distressed poor in Bangladesh, who celebrate Eid barely with a little or without food and cloth. Realizing this Islahul Muslimeen Parishad Bangladesh initiated this program to share Eid by presenting them Eid Gift packs since 2001. The Eid Gift Pack will include food items and dresses. To share Eid with poor and disadvantaged people who fasted in the holy Ramadan by presenting them Eid Gift packs. Thousands of people will be benefited from the program directly by having food and clothes in the Eid Day.
IMPB wants to establish Positive impact of Islamic Brotherhood, humanity, justice and equity on the society. The project will increase the attitude of sharing Eid with the poor through Islamic norms, values and dedication in all spheres of the society.
4. Qurbani & Qurbani Pack: - Many distressed poor in different parts of Bangladesh celebrate Eid with a little or without food and clothe, even in the day of Eid-Ul-Adha the poor people do not have a small piece of meat. On the other side, there are so many Muslim brothers around the globe, do not able to reach those poor to present their sacrificial meat to them. Islahul Muslimeen Parishad Bangladesh signified this situation of both and has been initiated the programme “Qurbani Distribution” since 2001 to bridge this gap. Alhamdulillah, in the past days of Eid-Ul-Adha a number of noble men from home and abroad extended their helping hands by donating and arranging Qurbanis towards the distressed poor of Bangladesh and pleased Allah and his Rasul Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam.
IMPB to sacrifice animals (Qurbani) for poor people and distribute in defence areas in Bangladesh.
Good Health and Well-Being for People:-
According to United Nations ("Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages."). UN-SDG- Good Health and Well-Being for People under this section IMPB has continuing 4 programs. Short description are given below –
1. Medical camps: - IMPB medical camps are set up with a sacred aim to bring awareness amongst the deprived population of the country who have no access to basic healthcare services or knowledge about the diseases they are suffering from. Our medical camps provide proper diagnosis, medicine, free medical advice to the unfortunate people and refer for specialized treatment or surgery whenever it is required. These camps make sure people are getting the healthcare at the right time, and seeing the doctor early enough before a small health problem turns serious.
2. Cataract Operation: - The large numbers of people in the villages are suffering from various eye diseases. Cataract is responsible for 50–80% of blindness in this region. IMPB arrange free cataract operation with medicine for poor people in deferent areas in Bangladesh.
3. Winter Cloths distribution :- The poor people of this country have to pass their days with half dressed situation because, they could not buy proper clothing(to cover their body as per rule of Islam) for themselves. Specially, in winter their suffering is beyond any limit. To help the poor people, IMPB Has a program to distribute Blanket, Sweater, children clothes and many more for facing winter season.
4. Wheelchair & Prosthetic Legs: - People with disabilities in the developing world do not have equal and adequate access to education, employment, or medical care. Their physical or mental condition, compounded by a lack of financial and technological resources, imposes a burden on both the family and the Society. A wheelchair is a form of assistive technology which eases that burden for many.
IMPB has Distribute wheelchairs To help the Physically impaired people, although we understand and believe that long term program may mitigate the problem gradually but for emergency need and very significant help is to assist some of the poor disables, who are also socio-economically impaired, donating wheelchair and prosthetic legs that might contribute a large to those individuals in movement of their daily life.
According to United Nations "Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all." UN-SDG- Quality Education under this section IMPB has continuing 2 programs. Short description are given below –
1. Orphan Aid: IMPB has run an Orphanage “FRIENDS OF ZAYED”(R.A). We have around 30 students in Begumpur, Kaliakoir, Gazipur at “FRIENDS OF ZAYED”(R.A).Students are studying in deferent classes they also studying Islamic Education too. FOZ is a home of orphans. They live as a family member of IMPB’s. We also provide computer knowledge and vocational training as well.
2. Hefz Sponsorship: - If you want to make a big difference in developing communities, and you will still get the added bonus of learning more about a distant culture and community, Hefz sponsorship is best place to invest. Not only helping the child you are sponsoring, but also extension their family, society also you will be rewarded in the Day of Judgment. IMPB has thousands of students under Hefz sponsorship program.
Clean Water and Sanitation:-
According to United Nations "Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all."UN-SDG- Clean Water and Sanitation under this section IMPB has continuing 5programs. Short description are given below –
1. Sanitary Toilet: - The importance of toilets for sanitation, hygiene and wellbeing, IMPB began to give special attention to rural sanitation. as there is not enough arrangement for sanitary toilets in rural areas, males very often uses the open yard for the natural calls, which polluted the environment but the females suffer much in this respect. IMPB has a construction project of sanitary toilet and distributed the products free or at nominal charges to the villagers and plans to do more in future.
2. Medical camps: - IMPB medical camps are set up with a sacred aim to bring awareness amongst the deprived population of the country who have no access to basic healthcare services or knowledge about the diseases they are suffering from. Our medical camps provide proper diagnosis, medicine, free medical advice to the unfortunate people and refer for specialized treatment or surgery whenever it is required. These camps make sure people are getting the healthcare at the right time, and seeing the doctor early enough before a small health problem turns serious.
3. Cataract Operation: - The large numbers of people in the villages are suffering from various eye diseases. Cataract is responsible for 50–80% of blindness in this region. IMPB has arranged free cataract operation with medicine for poor people in deferent areas in Bangladesh.
4. Hand Pumps: - Water is a fundamental human need. Each person on Earth requires at least 20 to 50 liters of clean, safe water a day for drinking, cooking, and simply keeping themselves clean. Polluted water isn’t just dirty—it’s deadly. Some 1.8 million people die every year of diarrheal diseases like cholera. Tens of millions of others are seriously sickened by a host of water related ailments. Water is obviously essential for hydration and for food production—but sanitation is an equally important, and complementary, use of water. A lack of proper sanitation services not only breeds disease, it can rob people of their basic human dignity. IMPB has a program tried to provide safe water for drinking and every sector in rural areas people. Our hand pumps distribution program for rural areas people who have no way to arrange safe water. Regularly IMPB distribute hand pumps for safe water.
5. Deep Tub-well: - One of the major problems in agriculture sector in Bangladesh is the lack of proper supply of agricultural inputs, high-yield variety seeds, fertilizer, and water for irrigation, equipment as well as skilled/trained farmers who have knowledge to use these inputs properly. Out of these inputs mostly needed one is the water for irrigation during dry seasons. IMPB has a program installed deep tub-wells in the selected areas for water irrigation in proper-time. IMPB is distributing water irrigation with free of cost to our beloved farmers.
Decent Work and Economic Growth:-
According to United Nations "Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all."UN-SDG- Decent Work and Economic Growth under this section IMPB has continuing 3 programs. Short description are given below–
1. Sewing Machine Distribution: - IMBP has sewing machines programs to poor female under its income generation scheme to make them self-reliant. The females stitch garments for the local market upon getting orders and earn their livelihood. IMPB is planning to set-up its own marketing and sales outlet for better support, control and benefit for the occupant.
2. Rickshaw Van distributions: - Unemployment Rate in Bangladesh remained unchanged at 4.20 percent in 2017 from 4.20 percent in 2016. These people are passing their days in great difficulty in absence of proper assistance. IMPB has donated Rickshaws and Vans to these people to make them self-reliant under its income generation scheme.
3. Group Wedding:- Islahul Muslimeen Parishad Bangladesh has taken initiatives to extend help to the distressed and poor parents and their beloved young daughters financially, physically, socially and mentally by arranging community weeding, that will give a moral boost up in the society to support and assist them providing income generation sources and self employment opportunities for their self reliance and self dependence. IMPB arrange Group wedding for poor parents who are under risk with their daughter. IMPB has provided all family regular equipments, furniture also Rickshaws, Vans, sewing machine for income generation/financial support.
We also have more programs such as, Masjid Building, Widow home, Rohingya crises, Emergence relief, Flood victim etc. We are always open to collaborate with local and foreign NGOs in implement different programs.